There is so much devastation and destruction in California right now. Our beautiful state has been ravaged by several wildfires (Camp, Woolsey, and Hill), which burned hundreds of thousands of acres of land, homes, and other structures. And almost fifty people and countless animals have lost their lives. In fact, these are the worst wildfires California has ever seen.
The outpouring of support has been amazing, with people crossing state lines to volunteer, generous donations have been made, and firefighters have been risking life and limb to help victims and those affected by all of this turmoil.
So I have compiled a list of reputable charitable organizations that are saving animals lives in the wake of the fires, which are still burning.
- The Humane Society of Ventura County is accepting donations, horse, and animals supplies:
- LA County Animal Care Foundation is accepting monetary donations: https://lacountyanimals.org
- Animal Hope & Wellness has been on the front lines rescuing animals since the fires began. You can donate to the foundation here: https://animalhopeandwellness.org
- The Little Angels Project is offering free medical care to fire-ravaged animals brought into Pierce College. You can order supplies for them directly off of their Amazon wishlist : http://a.co/bUrlsuf. Or you can donate to them via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org, Venmo @littleangelsproject, via Credit card: https://donorbox.org/woolsey-fire-urgent-help-and-donations…, or by check: mail to 13408 herron st Sylmar CA 91342 (make checks paypable to Little Angels Project )
NVADG is providing emergency animal sheltering and where and when allowed will evacuate and/or care for animals in evacuation areas.
Animal shelters will be established at:
- Small Animal Shelter: 2279 Del Oro Avenue, Oroville. Off Nelson near the County Center and Highway 70.
- Small Animal Shelter 150 Airpark Dr, Chico at the Chico Airport
- Large Animals should be taken to the Rolling Hills Casino Equestrian Center off Highway 5 in Corning
If you want to donate to NVADG, please consider a cash donation. Donate on website or send a check to NVADG, PO Box 441, Chico, CA 95927.
- You can also donate to Rocket Dog Rescue