Red Carpet Healthy

TOM BRADY’S SUPER-STRICT DIET

It’s no secret that New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady is doing something right. The 4 time Super Bowl champion and 3 time Super Bowl MVP seems to still be peaking in his career at 39 years old, as he is once again heading to the Super Bowl this weekend. Though he has loads of talent (and good looks to boot!), he also maintains a very strict diet, along with his supermodel wife, Gisele Bundchen, and their two children Ben and Vivi. Want to know what this uber-healthy family eats?

tom brady

Their resident chef, Allen Campbell, explained to Boston.com last year, “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.” He continued, “No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I’ll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil..… I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodized salt. [Tom] doesn’t eat nightshades, because they’re not anti-inflammatory. So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants. Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month.”

And if you can believe it, Brady has never even ingested a strawberry! That’s because fruits are off limits for the 12 time Pro-Bowler, except for the occasional banana in his smoothie. And he occasionally has alcohol, but never coffee, caffeine, fungus (mushrooms), or dairy.

Gisele-Bundchen-Tom-Brady

Gisele and the kids follow this diet 90% of the time, but break off when it comes to fruit consumption. So do you think his squeaky-clean diet will help his performance come Sunday? We want to know. Comment below!

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Red Carpet Healthy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: