“When I saw the August Getty gown Rachel McAdams was going to wear to the Oscars, I immediately knew that her hair should be up. We both agreed on a clean and sleek look to complement the gorgeous dress.
- I started by applying NEW Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil to her damp hair to nourish strands and seal the cuticle.
- I then blew her out straight with my Spornette mixed bristle round brush using my trusty ghd air™ hair dryer.
- Once the hair was fully dry, I went in with my ghd platinum styler and straightened her tresses section by section. This amazing flat iron features ghd’s tri-zone™ technology which allows me to style hair at the optimal temperature of 365 degrees while also adding shine.
- Next, I sectioned her hair into a deep side part, and coated my hands with John Masters Organics Rosemary and Peppermint Detangler. I used the detangler to give her hair a shiny, almost wet look, and pulled it in the back to create a textured knot.
- Using French hair pins to secure the knot, I created a sleek yet imperfect shape.
- I finished the look by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over to set the look and keep any flyaways down.
- The end result is classic, modern, and above all, gorgeous.”
Will you try this look at home? Comment below!