Insecure star Issa Rae was giving us a major smoky eye at the 2017 Emmy Awards. Her red carpet look was created by celebrity makeup artist Joanna Simkin who made Issa radiate at the awards show. And Joanna let us in on how to achieve this sultry look at home.
“Issa’s Emmys look was inspired by the vibrant red Vera Wang dress she wore. We agreed that we wanted to keep her skin luminous and eyes a soft smolder. The Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation was perfect for achieving that fresh and flawless skin we were going for. I loved that the coverage was buildable yet kept the skin hydrated at the same time. For her eyes we wanted a soft yet smokey dark lash look and used LashBlast Volume mascara to really give the lashes a voluminous and full look.”
“Since we went for a darker eye, we knew we wanted to keep the lips simple. The Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick in Gelebrity was perfect it was super pigmented and was the perfect nude to compliment the overall glam.”
COVERGIRL products used:
- COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation in Soft Sable
- COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume in Charcoal and Black
- COVERGIRL Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick in Gelebrity
- COVERGIRL truNaked Eyeshadow Palette in Nudes
- COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx
- COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Brow Powder Kit in Rich Brown
Will you try this look at home? We want to know!